SAN FRANCISCO MUNICIPAL RAILWAY
MOTOR FLAT CAR NO. C-1
www.streetcarmike.com

Built for Muni in 1916, the car was used until 1975 when it was donated to the Western Railway Museum. C-1 was reacquired in 1992 to test clearances for upcoming Breda streetcars. It was restored to its original appearance and dedicated December 1992. There is a diesel generator allowing operation where overhead wires are dead or missing. C-1 is usually used to test new trackwork.

PHOTOS TAKEN IN 1992:

Car C-1 was dedicated on December 28, 1992. One photo added 05/07/11.

PHOTOS TAKEN IN 2009:

Car C-1 at the Metro East Division on May 26, 2009. Ten photos added 03/28/11.